"Task No Longer Waiting" Issue

Hello! I have 2 rules set up, one to complete a task, and then one that will assign a task once it is no longer dependent on another task.

I would like to track which clients pay via web, and which clients pay via check, so I have created a payment status field that has 3 options:

1. Awaiting payment (with a rule that ads this to another project so that accounting knows to look for the payment)
  2. Paid via web (with a rule that completes the task)
  3. Paid via check (with a rule that completes the task)

Once those tasks are complete I really wanted it to create a new task “Approve Agency” with an assignee and a due date, but that doesn’t seem like an option so my workaround was to create a dependency with a rule for dependencies stating if a “task is no longer waiting” it should be assigned to X person on X date.

If I check “complete” for the task “Approve Agency” is dependent on the rule works, if the task is completed by the field rule it does not.

I don’t use rules a lot, but in the past I feel like rules have been able to trigger other rules. Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug?

Hi @Christine_Bolton, thanks for reaching out!

I see what you mean! This is currently not possible, if you wish to trigger the rule for the dependent task you will need to manually mark the task complete. We have a product feedback request and I suggest you to upvote here: Allow Rules to trigger other Rules.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Have a great day!

1 Like

Thank you!

It has never been the case no, rules don’t trigger other rules…