Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
I’ve set up a rule to update a custom field on a task when it’s no longer blocked. I’ve tried this trigger on several rules and can’t get it to fire.
I did some testing on my side, and it seems to be that it won’t trigger when another rule marks the task as complete. We have a status field and a rule that when the status is set to “complete” the task is completed. If that task blocks another task, the “task no longer blocked” rule will not trigger.
If I manually complete a task (and don’t use our other rule), the “task no longer blocked” rule will trigger.
Steps to reproduce:
(status is a custom field we use on our projects)
- Create a rule to complete a task when the status changes (to “complete”, in my case)
- Create a rule to change the status to ready when a task is no longer blocked.
- Create task 1 and task 2, make task 2 blocked by task 1.
- mark task 1 as completed (via the status field)
- Rule will mark task as completed (from step 1)
- Rule from step 2 will not run
Upload screenshots below: