Task created out of nowhere?

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
This task (Log in - Asana or see the screenshot bellow) appeared out of nowhere to one of our users. He is not aware of creating it manually or any other way with some kind of extension. It looks like, it have been machine made as there is prefix “Zoner Software Inbox - " and sufix " - Asana”. It look quite similar to follow up task, but task name is different. We are concerned about security.

Steps to reproduce:
We can not.

Browser version:
Doesnt matter.

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Jan_Kupcik and welcome to the Community Forum!

Thanks for the details and screenshot you shared with us!

Could it be possible that your colleague created the Task by email? You can create tasks in your My Task via email following these steps:Turning emails into Asana tasks | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

Looking forward to your reply!

Hi @Jan_Kupcik:wave:

Were you able to confirm if the task was created by email? If not, could you please send us more information so we can investigate this issue?

Looking forward to your reply

Hi, @Natalia no, task was not created by email. Unfortunatelly I have no other information to share. I was hoping that you have access to some kind of log which could explain the situation.

Hi @Jan_Kupcik!:wave: I’m sorry for the late follow-up, I must have somehow missed your reply!

In this case I would recommend reaching our directly to our support team who will be able to take a look at your colleague’s account in our system and will definitely be in a better position to help you with it. You can reach out to them following these steps !

When you do, make sure to:

• Reference the URL of this thread to save yourself from re-explaining everything
  • Provide your colleague’s email address

Sincere apologies for not being able to resolve this issue directly via the Forum @Jan_Kupcik and for the late reply! Of course, if you have any other question, feel free to post in the Forum, we will be more than happy to help!

1 Like

No worries. Ah, there is the mighty contact form, I could not find it in first place.
TY

1 Like