Tag function is not working properly

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: I can create a new tag, however cannot find the tag again when I want to tag the other tasks with the newly created tag.

Steps to reproduce:

Browser version:

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Chenjie_Liu, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

You should be able to use the tag simply by typing the first few letters and it will pop up. Could you please provide a screencast of the tag not being available when searching?

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

Hi, I know, it worked before, but not anymore, see the screenshot, I created one, but when I type below with the same tag, it doesn’t show up.

I’ve seen this happen - frequently - and for me, it’s either always or almost always, the case that I need to wait for a period of time to see the freshly created tag appear as a selection option. (Until then, I see the same offer to “create” a tag I already created 30 seconds ago.) The wait time has been anywhere from ~10 sec to perhaps 5 minutes. (Asana has a few odd latency issues here and there and this is one of them IME.)

So I would suggest waiting a certain time to see if your new tag gets added as a selection option.

1 Like

Thanks for following up, @Chenjie_Liu. Could you please confirm if what Stephanie has mentioned above is the case?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.