Sync gmail inbox to Asana automatically

Hey there - we have a shared inbox (sales@) but don’t want to require all our team to check an additional inbox every day because we already communicate mostly in Asana.

Ideally - we turn all emails in the inbox into asana tickets which can be assigned and responded to directly in asana… This guide explains perfectly, but I’m hesitant because of the price ($150/year per user). We have 6 people on the sales team that are currently in Asana and who’d need to respond and I don’t really want to pay an extra ~1k/yr for this feature

Any other add-ons / integrations that can achieve this effect?

thanks

1 Like

The key is being able to respond to emails directly within asana. I don’t think the asana gmail integration does that.

1 Like

Hi @jackson1!
Please have a look at these integrations

also, check out this documentation

I think they will work just fine for you!

3 Likes

Hey, we were previously a Dossier user, and they did this perfectly.

However, they’ve since stopped operations and we instead built our own integration that does this for Asana ↔ Gmail.

Here’s how it works:

1. Any emails from a customer domain, or to a certain email, go to a specified Asana project (you can select per domain or per email address)
  2. You can reply directly from Asana
  3. It’s easy to create follow up tasks directly in Asana and connect “Threads” with “Follow up tasks” and they are linked to each other.

Let me know if you’d like us to show you how we did it and help you do it too.

Hi! I would love it if you could show me how to do this! I was really getting miserable at the idea of its only making us new tasks not adding it to existing ones. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello Roberta,

We developed the integration for our own use. If you’re interested we can discuss building it for you too.

Let me know,

Best,
Yusuf

Did you ever find a solution to this?
Currently using Pipedrive in parallel and automating task/project creation triggered by moving a deal/lead to a specific stage… not ideal because of the redundancy and information loss.