Switching from Boards to List View (and vice versa)

HI @Bob_McGivern and thanks for reaching out! Yes I can confirm that Switch between Board and list will be implemented soon! :slight_smile: Keep an eye on this thread and the #community-forum-announcements for the latest info!

Basically, My Tasks is one of the most prominent features in Asana but itā€™s just not very user-friendly.

It would be amazing if you could toggle My Tasks between List and Board view.

Thank you

Justin

If Asana has allowed projects to be created as ā€œboardsā€ why not allow that view for the ā€œMy Tasksā€ panel. Would be great for me to personally organize my own to-dos into a backlog, ready, doing, done columns with drag and drop abilities.

In addition to that, Asana should be able to switch a project between board and list layout instead of locking it to one. If column names are the issue, it should be simple/easy to use section headers and column headings. Not sure why this hasnā€™t been implemented yet.

1 Like

hi @Bo_Zhu :wave:t3: We already have a very similar thread in the Forum so I have gone ahead and merged your post with it to consolidate feedback around this topic!

2 Likes

Where is this thread? Is there any update on this? Iā€™ve made a new ā€˜boardā€™ project for each of my team, but it feels like such a silly way of working! All I need is a board view in the ā€˜my tasksā€™, and in deed ā€˜their tasksā€™ sections

2 Likes

Hi Marie! Having trouble following this thread to understand if/when this is available? Would love a board view for my tasks!

3 Likes

Hi @christinaleighmorgan, this feature is not available at the moment. If you havenā€™t yet, I would recommend adding your vote to this thread by hitting the ā€œVoteā€ button at the top of this page. On my end, Iā€™ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have some updates.

2 Likes

Iā€™m waiting for it!

1 Like

Just so you know, having used Trello for years I was seriously looking at Asana. The lack of this feature is making me go back to Trello

2 years from the feature request!? Are you planning to implement something or not?

1 Like

Hi @Andrew_Antykov @mike.ball and @Andrii_Kyrylchuk,

Yes this is somethign weā€™re actively working on, and planning to launch soon! Please refer to this reply for more details! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Your colleague Alexis said in MARCH 2017ā€¦

At this time ā€¦ itā€™s not possible. However itā€™s a request we see often and it has been prioritized by our product team :slightly_smiling_face:

Might I suggest your development team would appear to need a project management tool to set due dates and priorities?!?!?

3 Likes

Does that mean that filtering is coming to lists? Just wanna know so that I can order a cake in advanceā€¦ :wink:

Hi @JohanW,

Filtering is already available on List projects :slight_smile: This article shows how to do it on Boards but it works the exact same way on List projects!

1 Like

Insane and ridiculous that two years later thereā€™s still no way to toggle between Board and List layout. I think weā€™ll have to cancel our subscription if it canā€™t do this.

Hi, will it be a feature available for all plans including the free plan?

I am another who would require this - some on my team need the board view, as they are very visual and this is how they keep things organized, and some are the opposite and need lists. Any updates? We just started using this tool, but will jump ship if this is not happening soon.

You should consider using two projects and multi homed tasks in this case. It would be very sad to leave because of thisā€¦

It would be extremely helpful to organize My Tasks into a board. Currently I am creating a separate project and linking those tasks to other projects so I can keep them better organized.

1 Like

+1 is okay, but after 296 votes still the changing the project view from board to list (and vise versa), there is no update like they are working on it or they have dropped the idea to do so. Please update from the asana team, it will really be helpful.

1 Like