Switching between companies without opening new windows

False alarm, it might be Fluid that does that! Chrome gives me a new tab. Sorry guys!

Hi Asana,

I love your product, but I have a small suggestion that would be really helpful. I like switching between my two workspaces to keep track of personal and work-related tasks. But each time I switch it opens a new tab. I know that I can go back and forth from the tabs at the top but often there are more than two asana tabs open and itā€™s difficult to know which one belongs to which workspace. Would it be possible to make it so that when I switch from one workspace to the other it does not open a new tab but rather directs me back to the tab that belongs to that worskspace which is already open? Thanks for considering!

Hi @Chas_Edens :wave: Welcome to the Forum!

Glad to hear you love Asana! :grinning: And thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us! Iā€™m merging your post with an existing thread we have regarding this topic to consolidate feedback. I hope itā€™s OK. Donā€™t forget to upvote it!

Have a great Friday Chas!

@Natalia please consider a workaround to this. It has really made it very annoying for us to be switching tabs.

Hi @Ramon1 and thank you for reaching out! I totally understand this is a pain point for you and Iā€™m really sorry for the trouble. Please, have a look at this post: Switching between companies without opening new windows - #49 by Gianni_Liburdi might find it helpful in the meantime.

@Gianni_Liburdi just installed your Extension only taken me a year to find itā€¦ Great work will be very usefulā€¦

Jason.

Just found out about Flotato for macOS. This app lets you easily create apps from websites. Free apps from webbrowser tabs :smiley: allowing you to easily switch to them as well.

The free version of Flotato only allows one window to get a grip of how it works. I immediately purchased Pro (small amount of $ anyway and the app already looks very polished) to try it with Asana. I copied the Asana app for a few workspaces, set the URL and can now easily Cmd+Tab between Asana workspaces :star_struck:

2 Likes

Hi, so far the desktop application has been worked properly, but now i iexperienced that switching between workspace open a new window in the aplication as wellā€¦ why has this happened??? how can I keep my workflow wihtin 1 (one) window?? please advise!

1 Like