Don't open new window when switching spaces on desktop app

Hi,

I’m not sure this is a bug, but with the latest desktop release (Mac), switching between workspaces/organizations via clicking the top right profile context menu opens a new window instead of loading in the same window.
If this a feature going forward, can we at least have a setting to control that?

Thanks.

Hi @Andre6, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback. I can confirm that this is expected behaviour.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if any further changes to these controls are made :slight_smile:

Thanks for answering this question, which was one I had, too! This is an incredibly annoying new “feature,” especially because: 1) it will still spawn a new window even if I have another window open for the same workspace and forgot; 2) I have to resize the window every time (for some reason it spawns very small); and 3) it makes it significantly more cumbersome to use. I sincerely hope this is rolled back in a future update, because the desktop app is almost unusable to me this way.

2 Likes

+1 to the speakers ahead of me. this new feature is the most irritating issue that could be happened with the desktop app :frowning_face: :frowning: