Suggestions on APIs Sales Reporting

Hi! I currently manage our online e-commerce merch store. I love using Asana and wanted to know if there is or what is the best API for tracking customer sales. I would love to have that info in Asana in graphs. I don’t mind updating a Google sheet myself so it will data sync to the API. Currently, our website is run by BigCommerce and our order processing platform is Stripe.

I have found some APIs but was curious to see what everyone recommends.

Hi @Jenny_Magaña , welcome to the forum! This is a pretty open-ended question that could be answered in many ways depending on a few factors (your current tech stack, your desired visibility, etc,).

Could you give a bit more context on your specific process, what exactly you’re looking to accomplish (e.g., volume/value of sales per customer), and why you are unable to do that in your current tools? (I assumed that all e-comm platforms had this type of reporting built in; do you want in in Asana for a specific reason?)

Hi @Jenny_Magaña I’m from Unito, we’re an Asana partner with integrations for Google Sheets, Stripe and 50+ other apps and tools. I wrote this guide on how to sync Asana tasks to a spreadsheet (it takes me around 10 minutes to set up).

The nice thing about Unito is that it automatically populates your spreadsheet with task data in real-time as you work in Asana, so you don’t need to export CSVs. You can also set up a Unito flow to create tasks based on your activity in Google Sheets (optional).

It’s great for any kind of reporting (including sales reports).

You can also set up a multi-tool workflow to send invoices/bills from Stripe into your sheet and basically keep all your tools connected in real-time without having to switch back and forth between Stripe, Asana and Google Sheets.

Let me know if you have any questions! Happy to set you up with a live demo with a member of my team.

1 Like