Subtasks added as Tasks in second project do not behave like tasks

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
I am not sure that this is bug, but is definetly unexpected behavour
I have a task with subtasks
I add the subtask in another project, so it becomes a task in this project
I perform a search for tasks in the second project > nothing shows
I perform a search for subtasks in the second project > everything shows, including sub-sub tasks
So basically Asana is not treating the subtasks as a task, even when added to a project.

Steps to reproduce:
Listed above

Browser version:
Version 86.0.4240.198 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Great question @IvanStaykov! I’ve no idea if this is expected or not, so let me check in with our team and get back to you!

Hi @IvanStaykov,

We’re struggling to reproduce this issue. Here is what I’ve done on my end, can you tell me if I’m doing anything different than you?

1. I’ve added a task called “Test task - bug” with 6 subtasks to my "Project Test Marie :heart:
  2. I’ve added the 6 subtasks to another project called “Test project 4”
  3. When I’m searching for all tasks in “Test project 4”, the search is returning the 6 subtasks from my "Project Test Marie :heart: which I have added as tasks to “Test project 4”.

Looking forward to your reply!

@IvanStaykov Everything seems to be working for me too. May be screenshots would give a better idea?

1 Like

Hi @IvanStaykov, do you have any updates for us about this issue? :slight_smile: Let us know and we’ll be happy to help you and investigate this further!

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.