Sub Tasks Visible in projects

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Sub Tasks by default do not have a projects field. I have discovered a way to create subtasks with their own project fields. I think this is a bug but it would make a great feature.
Steps to reproduce:
Use the search field near the top right of your browser window. View details for any of the tasks that come up. Use the “Make Sub Task Of” option and add it to another task in any project, even the project that the Task is already part of. It will now be a subtask for that task but it will also maintain its project field. It will function as a task and subtask. A really nice feature if you ask me. This functionality would be very useful to me.
Browser version:
Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Ian_Hamilton and welcome to the Asana community.

Sub tasks actually do have a project field. You can click in the detail pane on the speech bubble next to the title to see the sub tasks detail pane. There you can add a project.

Or another way is to use the new feature in the list where you can open a task to see all subtasks and there you are able to assign a project right from the list view. To do that you have to activate the project column in the list view since it is hidden by default. Just go to the area in the top right of the list view where you can sort and filter the list and there you will find “fields”.

subtasks

But it does not work too good because you can only see other projects but not the current one in the projects field. You can still assign the project but it will still show an empty column.

I hope that helps.

4 Likes