Sprint planning search by Backlog column across multiple projects

Hi, I’m new to Asana but moving forward with it with my new team. It does most of what I want to do for Agile scrum, but I’m trying to figure out how to get a view of tasks that’s efficient for sprint planning meetings.

I have several different projects that need attention in each sprint, and each project has its own backlog column on a task board. Combining everything thing into a single backlog project feels off to me, so I"m trying to keep projects or “features” self-contained.

I wonder if there’s a custom search where I could say, "Show me everything from every project in this portfolio that is in the “Backlog” column on a board.

Is that possible without me having to tag every backlog item so that I can search by tag?

Thank you.

Hi,

For me there are two solutions:

1. list every single project in the “projects” search field and select the right column
  2. don’t use columns but a custom field for the stage instead. But that will prevent you from being able to use the Board view…

Bonus solution: set up the same rule in each project to select the value of the custom field when card is moved to each column…

1 Like

Thank you! The first option gets the job done for now. But Ultimately, I’m going to set up rules to make this easier to do ad hoc. Appreciate the help!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.