I have created a backlog as a project. i then created a sprint planning project. i want to move each item in the backlog which is akin to a feature into a sprint. the feature task and the sprint task is different. how do you move the feature in a sprint on the board. it’s just not obvious
@sophie.jasson-holt: This might not directly answer your question. We develop custom software and have a bunch of client projects. Over time we optimized our work with Asana. So here’s what it looks like at our side (this is per client prohect):
- We are running weekly iterations.
- We have a backlog of tasks. It’s basically a project in Asana. These tasks are the work item / feature tasks. So they contain all the relevant information for our developers.
- Depending on the client project we sometimes use another prohect for epics which have a birds eye character. The feature then link back to their epic.
- When it comes to the iteration planning we create a new every project dedicated just for that specific iteration / week. We use a template so it’s easy to create. Depending on the project we either use a list or a board and of couse a bunch of custom fields.
- While planning we move the tasks from the backlog to the iteration project to eventually complete it there.
This approach pretty much just works. It’s very transparent and easy to adopt by our project managers.
I’m keen to learn more about your approach and requirements.
Hope this helps,
Hi @sophie.jasson-holt As they are two seperate projects you will need to multi-home the epic/feature/task into the sprint planning project.
Use TAB+P on the task, you can the choose you sprint planning project.
Have a look in the guide for Multi Homing.
Hope this helps…
Thanks for the multi - homing tip. I will look that up.
thanks so much for your response. it is helpful. I will try some stuff out and let you know how it goes.
There is not an actual section in the guide for Multi Homing. Could you point to something more specific in the guide?
Here is the article in the guide.
I think there is another one as well will find that and send it through to you.
Thanks and this really helps.