I have two custom single-select fields. One used for grouping, another for sorting. In the project task list I have all tasks grouped by first custom field, however they are not sorted by second field inside the group.
When I turn off the grouping and sort them by both fields this sorting works fine.
However I’d like group and sort tasks inside the group. Please advise.
Hi @Dmitry_Zakharchenko , welcome to the forum
Are you able to share a screenshot?
Generally, you can use the Group by button to create ‘sections’ in your List view. And then use the sort button to sort eithin those grouped sections.
If you are apply a subgroup in the Hroup by button, that will simply create subsections in your List view, it won’t sort tasks.
This is happening to us as well.
We are grouping by 2 custom fields and then trying to sort by a third. It says it’s sorting/reverse sorting, but nothing changes.
Here are the “Group By” selections:
Here is our “Sort” selection:
@Dmitry_Zakharchenko - I’ve moved this bug over to the Bugs - Asana Forum portion of the forum, since it seems the same issue is happening in several of my client accounts and it does seem to be a bug.
@Richard_Sather - I’m new to the process of moving posts. Do you know who we are supposed to @mention here?
Sure, @Bryan_TeamKickstart !
That would be the amazing @Vanessa_N
Here is the screenshots:
Hi @Dmitry_Zakharchenko , thanks for sharing those. That clearly looks like it’s not the expected behaviour of this recently launched feature!
Hoping @Vanessa_N can escalate this
Hi everyone, thanks for flagging this. I’ve been able to reproduce this issue on my end, so I’ve escalated the case to our Developers for investigation!
Hi everyone, our Developers have confirmed that this issue has been fixed! I’ve just tested on my end and the sorting seems to be working fine now
Excellent, thanks for the fast turnaround, @Vanessa_N
Thanks, guys. The sorting now works better, but I still have some issues. Please see the screenshots below.
@Dmitry_Zakharchenko could you check if these options are correctly ordered in the field option list (if they’re not, you can drag/drop to re-order). I believe that single/multi-select fields get ordered based on how they appear in the option list.
Thanks a lot, guys! I have reorder this in the option list and now it works perfect!