Sort by due date feature for boards

Adding my request to this as well. Itā€™s essential functionality.

this is a must feature for me.

@Shannon_McNeil any updates on this?

I do not have an update on this functionality, but will make sure we post here when we know more about timing

1 Like

Just +1 to @Bart_Buijsā€™ point about duplicating cards across workspaces. I understand why youā€™d want to prevent the SAME card from being shared across workspaces, but we really should be able to copy/paste (duplicate) from one workspace to another.

+1 Please. This is so important.

yes! How this people from ASANA has any doubt that the possibility to sort by due date is a MOST, also the possibility to copy an entire column.

this is a very important update, also the possibility to copy an entire column

Shame on you Asana, how long have people been asking for this feature? If there was a reason to return to Trello (who have always offered a number of sort-by options in the free version) this is it.

Just wanted to +1 this topic. Would be great if you could add this. I am sorting my card manually now and it takes a lot of time. Seems like a feature that shouldnā€™t be too hard to implement? Or are we missing something that makes this really difficult?

ā€¦ so, Iā€™m just going to say how I feel.

I am shocked and disheartened that a simple sort feature is not available on a product that seems so refined as Asana. This is just amazing to me that a skeleton feature is still not available. Iā€™m not sure if I can switch from Trello without basic things like this. Manually moving around cards after Iā€™ve assigned dates mind-numbingly boring, a waste of time, and nonsensical. Itā€™s like kicking myself in the face.

Major flaw in what is otherwise a great tool that we have been trialing for about two weeks. Starting to look around at other similar platforms because managing a board without sorting is nigh impossible. Shame, we really like the interface otherwiseā€¦

1 Like

I agree. Sorting by dates in Boards layout view is essential. How come it havenā€™t been done for such a long time yet? @Shannon_McNeil said in October 2017 that developers "definitely plan to iterate upon the Boards feature once we launch a few other exciting things in the works! " - itā€™s been a year since then and nothing changedā€¦

Hi @Przemek_Kamola_G3 and welcome to the Asana Forum :wave:t3:

My apologies for not jumping in earlier on with an update on this feature request. While I donā€™t have a precise launch date to share today, this is definitely something weā€™re working on! Iā€™ll make sure to update this thread as soon as I have an update, but you can also keep an eye on our Release Notes.

Thank you so much for your patience; I look forward to seeing you again in the Community Forum :slight_smile:

Iā€™m happy to announce that you can now sort Board projects by Due Date! To learn more about the new sorting options for Boards and submit your questions/feedback, have a look here!

1 Like

@Marie Will this be implemented in the iOS version?

2 Likes

Hi @Andrei1 :wave:t3:

It probably will but I donā€™t have anymore information at the moment!

Thanks, can you please advise here when available?

1 Like

Will do!