Show project on subtask in 'My tasks' view

+1 to this entire thread. Subtasks are great, but without inheriting projects the “My Tasks” view is much, much less useful. Pretty basic functionality that I’m rather shocked Asana hasn’t implemented in the 4+ years it has been requested, but alas. Thank you @anon62644676 for the useful workaround though!

1 Like

Assigned subtasks viewed in “My Tasks” do not list the project they are associated with. When manually adding the project to the subtask from “My Task” view, the tasks are then duplicated. Is this something that can be amended?

This is a longstanding (~5 years) and deeply embedded issue that pretty much every known user has complained about, as it is so contrary to our expectations. Yes, it could be amended, maybe one day it will be.

3 Likes

I usualmy advice my customers to create a “subtask” section at the bottom of the project to store all the “duplicated” subtasks, and you close it so that you dont see them.

I agree subtasks’ behavior is very confusing :confused:
I hope the above trick will help you.

It’s a joke, that this feature doesnt exist. My tasks are merely tasks but more represent Candidates I’m working with. Below every person I have several subtasks to really navigate. But should I remember now every single one of the hundreds of candidates I’m working with, to understand for which project a task is?!

This would be absolutely crucial. Subtasks and the MyTasks list are essential and the fact that one cannot see the project id for subtasks in the MyTasks list makes it practically usable. Clicking into every task is not a solution and the same goes for (additionally) assigning all subtasks to the project, for the know reasons.
I understand this is not a bug but a feature request. But honestly, it should not be that complicated. So PLEASE add this feature!

4 Likes

Here to +1 this request! Hate to have to hack our system in order to have our teams be able to use the tool effectively. Every training begins with working from your My Tasks, but the inability to have the Project context for subtasks in My Tasks creates tons of friction and inefficiencies in day-to-day use. Is there anywhere else we should be engaging to have this request moved up the roadmap?

1 Like

Here to +1 this request! I can’t believe it hasn’t been incorporated after all this time - seems to be counterintuitive to not-inherit the project /task details on a subtask, and not be able to track in workload… makes subtasks irrelevant/unhelpful but they’re needed for repeated processes using Task Templates

1 Like

Happy 5th Birthday to this request

@Asana , @Emily_Roman , @Natalia , @Marie
Can we get any update on this request. “No, we’re never doing it” is better than radio silence.

11 Likes

+1. Asana - please help us find a solution. It’s so discouraging to tell clients, “Yeah, you can’t see what project those are in unless you click on them.” It also defeats the purpose of the ‘Project View’ in My Tasks when subtasks are showing at the bottom of the list (where nobody goes), rather than in the project.

The workarounds are messy and make us feel like we’re working for Asana instead of Asana working for us.

Please fix!

6 Likes

Great tool but please add this ASAP, very annoying / counter-intuitive to not see the associated project right away :frowning:

2 Likes

@anon70508526 Can you PLEASE have subtasks show? this thread is 3 years old and still has not been resolved

2 Likes

Just agreeing with everyone that this feature needs to be implemented. Our team has repeated tasks for each project and need to be able to easily see which project it’s associated with. It’s too much of a pain to click on every task detail to find that out

1 Like

This is my number 1 question from my department on Asana! This causes a lot of headache as we have a number of subtasks that are the same name but then having to click into the task to find out what project it’s for is just an extra click.

3 Likes

This would be really useful, not being able to see the project the parent task is linked to is confusing when you’re project managing other’s tasks that sit across multiple projects.

1 Like

One of my team wants to sort her My Tasks (list view) by the Projects column, so she can see what she needs to do next for each project. The problem is, when she does that any subtasks assigned to her end up down the bottom in the “No Project” section.

Can I please request an update to the project column in My Tasks so it shows projects for subtasks, not just parent tasks? A small change that would make a big difference to useability.

1 Like

@EJ_Mann,

This is a popular request. I’ve merged your post with another and you can vote at the top of the thread.

Larry

2 Likes

Wow, people have been requesting this for over 5 years now?? Come on Asana team!

3 Likes

Hi,

In the My Tasks section, you currently have all tasks showing up under your specific project it is related to except for Sub-Tasks, which show up under No Project. This would be very helpful to have Sub-Tasks also roll underneath the project name it relates too. Is this in the works on any upcoming updates?

Seems relatively easy to fix considering you already tag the tasks under a project, but I am not sure if there is a reason why it was designed this way.

3 Likes

+1 for this feature PLEASE

1 Like