Show/Hide Activity Feed

Hi - please please can we get some input on this… its super annoying.
After setting up my workspace / team / projects to work on a client engagement I have to spend 15-20mins clicking the little ‘x’ to get rid of all the nonsense Asana puts in the Activity Feed. IT looks very very unpro to our clients…
To put into context - For each client engagement I create a team. That team has a main ‘admin’ project workflow with 80+ tasks; I then have x8 other workflows (aka ‘projects’) as boards in which i share the tasks on… its a massive interlinking behemoth and it creates so many of these ‘activities’ that are totally useless…
My suggestion would be to have a show/hide in admin; or just save the feature for Admin so they can audit if they need to…?

In any case, I see so many (seemingly) little features in your release notes - whereas this seems to be a biggy. (sorry to say it is one of the things that is on the reasons-to-find-alternative-solutions-to-Asana pile)

3 Likes

Adding my 2cents worth as well…
We have a few tasks where the description gets updated daily to show the status of an account. This means that after a year of use (for this one account), we have to scroll past 365 ‘xxx changed the description’ lines before getting to the actual user comments…

For many tasks this is not an issue, so it should be an “option” that the user can choose to see/not.

3 Likes

I would LOVE to see the show/hide option added to change logs on tasks as well. Would make things so much cleaner and would eliminate the need to delete them forever.

2 Likes

@Asana - any input on this, we’re all being ghosted.

I was just about to create a topic on this and I saw this was already being discussed. I’m glad i am not the only one.

I agree it can be helpful to be able to see all activity if you want (e.g. when a task may have been assigned/switched etc.), however this should not be the default view as it gets so annoying and hard to see they actual comments and real activity. There should be an ability to toggle off or on full activity or just comments.

Why is this discussion being ignored from the Asana side? It seems like a lot of people are in complete agreement.

3 Likes

Another vote for being able to toggle visibility of this information. It’s really distracting and makes it difficult to parse what’s going on with the actual activity of the task, particularly when there’s comments and attachments. And it makes simple tasks seem much more complicated than they actually are.

3 Likes

@Edda and @Cathya what do you think of this conversation…?

1 Like

Hi @Lins_Karnes and thanks for the follow-up!

First of all, thank you so much for providing us with your feedback and for taking the time to outline why this is causing you trouble; this is crucial to help us prioritise feature requests.

I don’t have any precise update to share at the moment on this topic, but rest ensured that I’m keeping a close eye on it and will update this thread as soon as I have more information. I’m aware this is really important to you as well as all other users who have voted and engaged in this thread and will make sure to advocate for this feature to be prioritized.

If you have any follow-up questions feel free to @mention or drop me a DM; I’m always happy to help!

4 Likes

Hooray - thanks Marie. Yes as you can see it is annoying a fair few people; and causing some serious usability / ease of use issues.
Be great if this wee little show-hide button can be created in admin or settings… either or any will do :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Any update on this? Be a great start to the New Year :wink:

Thanks.

1 Like

Not yet @Blinkertoon but I’m keeping an eye on this! Happy 2019 to you!

+1 for this feature!

+1 from me too - at least put the comments above the activity feed (or else they are useless).

Hiding them by default would be ah-mazing :raised_hands:t4:
The UX gets messy pretty quick if you’re updating things and moving stuff around but still useful to have an audit trail to refer back to.

3 Likes

Please make this an option, at least for those of us that pay $300+ a month for a large team. The two owners of my company said in a meeting last night that it’s the single most distracting feature to getting work done and they would consider using another program because of the distraction. We have some tasks with 20 members on it, all making changes and commenting. the history list takes 3 minutes to scroll through to get to the comments. It’s a horrible design…please change. A simple drop down to “show/hide” (and hide by default) would be all it takes.

Hi,

I just wanna suggest or is there any way to hide by default the activity logs (See attached screenshot).
Because it will get more scrolling when comment feature is used, it will expand scrolling on comment section and activity logs which is not good for UX.

See screenshot…

Many thanks,
Joy

5 Likes

Hi @Joy_Fementira - Thanks for this feedback. At this time if you’d like to remove the activity logs from view, you can simply hover over each line and click the “x” that appears.

Hi @Alexis
does this delete the audit trail (activity feed) or only hide it?
If we click on the “x”, can we find somewhere else the information that has been removed?
Tx
Sébastien

Hi @Sebastien_Levesque - clicking the “x” on the activity log deletes the log from the task history altogether.

1 Like

Boy, I sure wish I had the ability to hide/show the entire box as @Joy_Fementira suggested. It just takes up realestate on the screen that I do not need to see and gets cluttery. I realize that I can click on the x on individual items to delete them, but I just want a cleaner screen. I never look at that data and if I need it maybe I could show it. But I rarely need it

12 Likes