Delete action tracking in task

Hi all,

Couldn’t find a relative discussion but happy to be linked to one. In a task there is in small grey print the actions (laura p changed the title of… laura p removed…) they all build up and take up space in our task. Is there anyway we can remove these?

Nope sorry. Compact history for task is the closest thread I believe.

1 Like

Hi @Laura_P :wave: thank you for reaching out!

There is actually a way to remove the Activity Feed (small grey prints you mentioned).

You can do it by simply following these steps:

• Select the task you want
  • Scroll down to the Activity Feed
  • Hover over one of the Stories and click on the little cross on the right-hand side

You will need to repeat the process individually on each story.

I hope this helps!

3 Likes

Thanks so much Natalia! Shame it has to be individually done though, hopefully a batch option comes up in future updates. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice! Is that new? :thinking:

Compacting & perhaps hiding the Activity is one thing. Unfortunately, I now have users deleting the audit trail of activity because they don’t want people to see changes made to due dates, etc. I’m not especially thrilled with this capability being there.

1 Like

Wow I never thought of that! :scream:

The activity feed should not be mixed with comments. This is so annoying. I wish I could hide it and focus on comments only

8 Likes

They should be hidden by default. It’s kind of bloating and confusing.

7 Likes

Agree!! If they were hidden by default then you wouldn’t need the option to remove it - then staff can’t do what you mentioned @Angie_Gilbert as well!

Is there any way to avoid this? i’m concerned this will happen at my company as well.

2 Likes

Not that I am aware of @kim8.

This activity feed really help us understand and prove someone might have validated a task at some point in time.

Allowing for activity feed to be deleted bu someone else than the project pwner completely kills this audit tracking.

Os there any way to ensure these cannot be deleted by an other user?!

I don’t believe so…

the option to delete an activity is not possible if the change was made by a rule. what I find quite annoying. but being able to have it hidden or separate of the comment would be nice.

2 Likes

Thank you Natalia. It helps, but it is rather annoying to remove them all one by one… So, that doesn’t really work

Hello all!
Does anyone know if this option was removed? I can’t delete my own activity anymore and it gets very chunky.

4 Likes

Welcome, @Nataly_Melendez,

This is an A/B test that’s currently running disabling this. When the test ends it will be evaluated. I’m afraid there’s no way to opt out.

Thanks,

Larry

3 Likes

That’s pretty poor - things like this should be pushed as an opt in as we now have mountains of tasks cluttered with unnecessary action comments that can’t be removed

4 Likes

This feature to delete history needs to be re-instated. Is there any way to opt out of this? Totally agreed with Nataly and Glenn - being able to delete all the clutter is important in our fast-pasted organization.

@Larry - any insight as to when this might be reinstated? Any context for “why” Asana decided to run an A/B test disabling this and why users weren’t informed, and why it’s not listed in the release notes for March?

3 Likes