Create Activity feed to Teams & Projects

It would be great if Teams and Projects had a page with summary of all activity in that team/project – on every level down the hierarchy.

Such an activity feed on several levels of the hierarchy would serve two purposes:

• It would make it easier for people to get a quick idea of the history of the team/project
  • It would make it easier to find back to files, comments, discussions, etc. when you don’t remember whether they were added to the team conversation, project conversation or task comments.

Such a feed could possibly take a significant load off the inbox, and could contain just the headlines, in dated, chronological order.

• Who did which tasks, when. E.g. Dec. 1: Jane completed seven tasks.
  • Which conversations happened. E.g. Nov. 30: Jane, John and Peter commented on the task “Write sales page copy”
    • What happens in the project and/or team conversations. E.g. _Nov. 28: Kate added budget.xls to project _

The level of detail in the feed would depend on where you are seeing the activity feed. If you are just getting an overview of your entire account, you have very low resolution; at the team level there is more detail; at the project level even more.
E.g.: At the team level you’ll see Dec. 1: Jane completed seven tasks., but at the project level you might see a list of all the completed tasks.

And, of course, you can always click any item to expand, and see all the details, like in the current inbox.

13 Likes

I feel like this is a major missing factor in Asana Projects and while there’s been a lot of discussion around the “inbox” lately - this one is just as important because it would also help take a load off of the inbox as well. I’m surprised this doesn’t have more votes right now.

5 Likes

Totally agree. Inbox is a big mess for now.

3 Likes

Is this on an future new feature list ? Would be important to be able to see all under a specific heading in a task/project as well.

1 Like

I was looking how to view the activity log and got here. It would be useful to have it.

1 Like

This is like yes and yes feature, I’m considering migrating a whole team to asana from trello, but that will only happen when we can quickly see all the activity feed (incluiding conversations) in a easy way!

3 Likes

Was wonder if there’s been any update or thought on this from Asana. Our organization uses both Trello and Asana and this has been one key feature Trello offers that I think is super helpful for members on a project to see updates on a project (without having to go through their inbox, which could have tons of other activity updates from other projects/tasks).

2 Likes

Any update from Asana on feed support - One big missing feature !!

1 Like

A project management tool that doesn’t support project feed is unreasonable.

6 Likes

+1 on this feature. Unless I am assigned or tagged as a collaborator, I have no way to know what’s new on a project.

3 Likes

This is not ready, it is? Or I am blind:) If not, will this feature take place in Asana soon? Because we just migrated from trello and absence of this is very surprising and it’s a big disappointment for me. I am also concerned about support, if I see, that this important feature is not implemented more than two years later after this request.

I am looking for a way to view all activity on a project.

At the end of the day or week, I want to see a chronological list of everything my employees have worked on. My clients are also interested in seeing this progress. Even if someone is not following every task in a project, knowing people are active is important to clients and management.

Is this something that could be included in the Progress section or is this data available anywhere else?

3 Likes

Hi @Jon_Sasala

You could do a Search of tasks “Assigned to” (your employees) and/or “Assigned by” you, “In projects” with the Filter added for “Commented on by” and “Liked by” which would denote activity and/or add “Completion” or “Any.” When the search results appear, you can click the down arrow caret to the right of the heading and Export to CSV. I’m going to try this on my own and follow up.

Thanks for following up, Julia. I have followed these steps but what I get is not really “progress” or “activity.” This filter returns a list of tasks, not what happened on the tasks.

Really, the functionality I am looking for is similar to BaseCamps Progress view where you can see:
11:01 - Employee commented on task.
11:03 Client added image to task.
11:05 - Employee completed task.
See attached.

This is something I would expect to be found in Asana under “Progress” in the navigation and visible under “Activity.” In all of my projects, the only activity listed is “My Name created this project. XX days ago.” No other activity is then included.

5 Likes

Hi @Jon_Sasala, I can see that. There is a way to save a search for Comments in a project based on date, but a) you have to create the search b) it doesn’t identify on one pane the Commenters and c) I can’t see a way to save it to update dynamically in Activity as you suggest. I can create a feature request to have Activity contain, well, Activity.

1 Like

Thanks Julia. Are feature requests something only you or select Asana admins can submit? Otherwise, I would be happy to take care of posting this as a suggestion, if you can point me in the right direction.

Hi! I believe you need to create this suggestion in the Product Feedback forum here, Product Feedback - Asana Community Forum where it can be voted on (which I will do because I can see where the Activity section could be populated beyond the default) and considered on the roadmap.

Hi @Jon_Sasala, I apologize the above message is confusing, I will vote on the feedback, but since it was your idea, go ahead and create it in the product feedback forum. Product Feedback - Asana Community Forum

Good Morning @Jon_Sasala and Happy Friday. Were you able to submit this? If not, I can.

Hi Julia. I simply changed the category to Product Feedback. Is there another way to submit it?