Sharepoint opening but not allowing me to attach files

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: When trying to attach a file from sharepoint/onedrive it opens a new window and lets me see my files but not attach only open files and see them as if I was logged in directly.

Steps to reproduce:
Go to create task
Go to attach file
Select sharepoint/onedrive
Login to account
Shows file
Select file not option to attach just open - FAIL

Browser version: Chrome lastest version

Upload screenshots below:

Sorry for some many replies had to edit image

Hi @anon2515252, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Thanks for flagging this! Could you please try the troubleshooting steps listed below and let me know if these resolve the issue for you?

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

I am getting no errors and yes have latest browser and not conflicting plugins - use these on my personal account fine this is for work.

Thanks for following up, @anon2515252. As we haven’t received any other reports of this and I can’t replicate on my end, I suggest reaching out to our Support team for further investigation as they have access to additional tools that we don’t have on the Community team.

You can reach them by following these steps: https://forum.asana.com/t/new-how-to-contact-support-thread/87842

I hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

I am having the same issue. When attempting to attach files from work based Sharepoint I’m hit with an error message (something went wrong. We were unable to attach the files. Try again later)
Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 16.27.38

Hi Robin12. We were able to resolve this same error message by changing the sharing settings in the SharePoint library as follows:

Background: When setting up the SharePoint library, we initially selected the third option, Only site owners can share files, folders, and the site, in order to keep the files as secure as possible. However, it seems that the act of attaching a file in Asana is viewed by SharePoint as an attempt to “share” the file, so only site owners were able to attach files in Asana without an issue. Everyone else received the same alert notice that you are. Only after much trial-and-error did we stumble upon upon the solution, which is depicted the attached image.

Hope this helps!