Share Tasks and projects

Hi All, I’m very new to Asana, and I really need help:

I want to use Asana as an order tracking tool. I have a project called “order delivery” and the tasks are the order that we should deliver. I want to share the status of the order with each customer. However, I can’t simply share the project because I don’t want the customer to see the other tasks.

for example here, I want to share the status of order 1 with the customer, but I don’t want him to see the other orderes. can anyone help ?

@Rebecca_McGrath can you help me :slight_smile:

Hi @Akram_Alhafez, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

You can share a single task with a Guest (user who does not share the same email domain as the Organization) but only if working in an Organization.

Guests have limited access to the Organization and only see what is explicitly shared with them. So, this means that if you share a task with them; they will only see that task.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thank you for your response Rebecca, so if you look at the picture that I attached, can’t I share the task “order 1” with my customer and shows him the status of it (assembly, transport, etc,) and enable him to see the other tasks (order 2, order 3, order 4) ?

Hi @Akram_Alhafez, thanks for getting back to me!

If you would like to share certain tasks with a Guest, but not all in a project, you will need to grant them access to each task individually by adding them as a Collaborator.

As a workaround, you could multi-home these tasks in another project specifically for the Guest and grant the Guest access to this project instead, allowing them to see all tasks in that project. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your asnwer @Rebecca_McGrath .

I think there is a misunderstanding, what I am asking for is: can I share the status of order 1 (is it at assembly stage , or transport, or training?) so the customer can see only his order status (his task) moving from one stage to another but without seeing the other tasks.

the same for order 2, to give the customer the possibility to track the order, but I don’t want them to see the another orders

Hi @Akram_Alhafez

As Rebecca mentioned to ensure the customer only sees the 1 task then they will need to be added as a Collaborator to that task. But they will be able to see all of the information on that task. Description, Custom Fields, Comments etc.

Have a look at this post by one of the forum members who has done a great job of explaining who sees what.

Jason.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.