Searching for Content Creator feedback

Are there any Youtube or Instagram content creators? I’m thinking about using Asana to keep track of the workflow for creating my videos as well as my ideas for instagram posts. My thought is to do the following .
Sections for: Idea, script writing, production, editing, and Posted.
Subtasks will be something like: record video, generate the Youtube Thumbnail, and Create the presentation.

Does this sound good or should I have sections like: Idea, Production, and Posted with all other sections listed above being subtasks inside the task?

Thoughts?

1 Like

We use custom fields for status - it streamlines our projects. For example, instead of sections for Idea, Production, Editing, Posted, we create a custom field with those as drop-down options.

1 Like

Care to share? I’m new to Asana and would really like to make the most of it. Right now I’m unsure how you are doing it with custom fields.

1 Like

Take a look here for one example:

Instead of having sections, we use a custom field (to the far right) with our standard status stages. This lets us use sections for something else (in this case, we are either creating new content, or making updates to previously generated content).

The reason we moved towards custom fields is because they are searchable/reportable and work better with Rules, therefore offering us more flexibility and functionality.

1 Like

They are searchable/reportable and work better with Rules, therefore offering us more flexibility and functionality. - that is true, I did the same thing because of these.

As almost every person on this earth right from young to the old has an account, the content creator needs to give the latest updates and create some killer content every time for the users. Due to the abundance of work on every probable topic over social media makes it difficult to choose the correct topic that would not bore the audience or the followers. The posts should be presented in such a way that it would seek attention like the posts should be visually appealing to the eyes, color combinations for the posts is also very important like using some calm and soothing colors for light contents and warm colors for some strong content or for imposing certain things in the reader’s mind. I can help you with that and also with making your account more popular. I know how to buy Instagram video views and to use this opportunity right!

Hi @Fred_Claus, I agree that custom fields would be best for expanded functionality surrounding the status of each piece of content.

For my clients, I always suggest they go with as few sections or steps as you can get away with. So I think your Idea, Production, and Posted breakdown works well. Then, as you said, you can create a set list of subtasks with steps like brainstorm, write a draft of script, production, editing, etc.

You can create one task with the full subtask list (keep it in a ‘Content Reference’ section) and duplicate it each time you need to get a new piece of content going. This is generally how I handle my blog and clients’ social media projects.

Good luck!

Thanks for the post! I understand that many people believe that if you create your own business, the first thing you need is a social media presence