Search in this Project search returning results from all projects.

In a project, type in search terms in the Search field, choose “Search in this Project” option, type in term and the Search Results are not project specific.

Steps to reproduce:
Go to a project
Find the Search button top right, enter in search term
Click “Search in this project”
Note (below) the project appears in the “In projects” field
Click Search (or anywhere in the search dialog box) and the project name disappears, the search results are of the term(s) in all projects (not in the project you were in/specified).

Browser version: Google Chrome 75.0.3770.100 64-bit

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Julia_Forbes,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

I suspect this may be happening because you have tasks that are multi-homed in project the ‘Self Service Password Reset and MFA’ and other projects at the same time.

If that’s not the case, we’ll need to look into the search results to investigate it further. Our support team can assist you with that.

You should be able to reach out to the support team following these steps:

1. Access asana.com/support
  2. Select “I’m having trouble with”
  3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select “Let’s chat”

Please provide the URL of this community forum post, the search parameters you used and the URL of a task that should not appear in the search results.

Thanks for taking this extra step!

2 Likes

Hi @Barbara, thank you for replying! That would make sense but the tasks associated with this project aren’t elsewhere, we haven’t fully adopted Asana yet, so we have very few multi-homed tasks at this point. But I appreciate this info for when we do. Also, the Search is working as I would expect now (and also has a Report option I’m excited for).

1 Like

Thanks for getting back @Julia_Forbes. I’m glad to hear that everything is working for you now!

1 Like