[Rules] Set a start date based on the date the task was moved to another column

Is there a way to set up a startup date with a moving rule for a task? If not, I hope it gets implemented, it could be really useful when you move a task from an task generated by a Form to a Board where you already asign the task to a team member.

Hi @Nicolas_Coral, welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

In order to best assist you, could you please give me more details about your request? do you want to automatically set the date you started working on the task? :slight_smile:

Looking forward to your reply!

Yes, basically I want to have a trigger that when I move a task from a board, it sets the start of the task, I know there is a similar trigger for Due date.

1 Like

Sorry Emily, I messed up with the naming convention, Im looking to trigger a Start date when Im move a task within sections inside the same board:

the trigger should Take the Date when I move from the Inbox section to the assign section inside the same board

Hi @Nicolas_Coral, no worries at all! Thanks for getting back to me and confirm this information!

As it stands, it’s currently not possible to automatically set Start Date/Date range using Rules. At the moments, you can only set up a trigger to add Due dates. I’ve gone ahead and moved this thread to our #productfeedback category to allow other users to upvote for this feature :slight_smile: