Set due date to a specific date

It would be very helpful to automatically set the due date to a static date when a task is moved to a certain section. I have my sections organized by release in some projects and I know the due date for the release but it’s not a dynamic date (ie: days into the future), it’s static.

Hi @Kortney_Cervantes, welcome to the Asana Community forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for reaching out! I believe the below Rule might help you here :arrow_down:

Screenshot 2021-09-08 at 10.55.40

You can have the due date set a certain number of days out once a task is moved to a Section. Does this help? :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing Rebecca! This doesn’t cover what I would like to do. I want to set the task to a specific date. ie: all tasks in this Section should be due 12/8/2021.

1 Like

@Rebecca_McGrath neglected to tag you in the above :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Hi @Kortney_Cervantes, thanks for following up! While this isn’t Rule action at this time, hopefully this is something our Product team can add in the future!

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Has this been brought to Asana’s attention again? I need specific reoccurring due dates on that particular date.

3 Likes

I would love to see this feature as well!

Hi Rebecca

I would like to run a rule, when a milestone date is added in a section, I want it that date to trigger dates for other tasks in that section.

For example release date 07/09/2022
task4 -5 days
task3 minus 4 days

any suggestions? thanks

+1 to this request. Days in the future seems pretty useless…just want to add a specific due date.

I just ran into this limitation and my workaround was to use Advanced Search in this project the set of tasks to set to a particular date, then do that in one action in advanced search results with multi-select. Crude, but the best I could think of until/if Asana allows specific dates instead of relative dates.

Hope that helps,

Larry

Thank you, I will try.

1 Like