Rules not applying to feedback subtasks

I want a channel to receive a slack message when a revision is added using the feedback tool. This qualifies as a task/subtask being created and assigned to the correct person.

When this task is added manually, the rule fires. When task is added from feedback, it does not.

Does anyone have any workaround for rules & feedback?

Welcome, @Samuel_Maier,

I don’t believe “revision” and “feedback tool” are standard Asana nomenclature. Can you describe what you mean by these in more detail?

Thanks,

Larry

Maybe this? preview design file in subtask created by Add Feedback button

Thanks, @anon91170507! I’m sure that’s it.

@Samuel_Maier, I’ll be the Add feedback subtasks are not triggering rules in the same manner that new recurrences of recurring tasks also don’t trigger rules. Both unfortunate.

Don’t forget to vote for your request by scrolling to the top and clicking the purple Vote button.

Thanks,

Larry

To clarify, yes the feature discussed in the post @anon91170507 mentioned. Adding feedback to designs and assigning those as subtasks, however not the same issue. (Although I do feel that one as well)

As you stated @lpb feedback triggering rules is the issue. Are you saying this is currently not a feature?

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 4.42.23 PM

I’m not positive but I suspect it’s currently not a feature. If you want to be sure, you could:

1. Report your problem by going to Report a Bug, clicking the New Topic button at the right, and following the instructions, or 2) To create a support ticket, go to www.asana.com/support (make sure you are logged in to Asana) > click the chat icon at the bottom right > type “speak to an agent” > click “Yes” > click “Something Else” > click “Create a support ticket.”