Rule builder doesn't trigger from form submissions

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: User attempted to build a rule using the new rule builder that was centered around submissions through a form, but when the form was completed, the rule did not trigger. When she removed the condition of ‘if submitted via form’, the rule triggered. When she built a similar rule in the old rule builder noting that submissions needed to be coming through the form, the rule triggered.

Note; the screenshot included labeled ‘new rule builder’ shows the rule is paused - that is not what is preventing the trigger, we paused it to prevent it from interrupting other rules, then took the screenshot.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open new rule builder
  2. When Task is added to this project, set ‘check if’ condition for “From form”
  3. Add ‘do this’ functions like list of custom subtasks
  4. Fill out form to test
  5. Check if rule triggered

Browser version: Chrome Version 117.0.5938.88 (Official Build) (x86_64)

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)?
Enterprise

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Mackenzie_Mollo sorry to hear about this trouble! I can’t seem to replicate this issue on my end. The form submission is normally triggering the rule. To clarify, “Type is set to” > “Webinar” is a single-select custom field, correct?

Hi @Mackenzie_Mollo, are you still experiencing this issue? :slight_smile: Could you confirm the information from our last comment, so we can investigate this further? Thanks!

Yes, our team is still experiencing the bug!

Hi @Mackenzie_Mollo, thanks for replying. Can you also confirm if “Webinar” is a value in a single-select custom field so I can try to replicate this behavior on my end?

Our team has experience a similar issue where we can’t specify in the new rule builder that a rule is for tasks coming from form submissions and the rule therefore does not pick up the form settings, especially pulling one of the form questions in as the task title. Is there a way to build that into the rule on the new rule builder?

Hi @Alyssa_Bean,

Are you not able to do this in your rule builder instance?

You shouldn’t need to build a rule to do this; it’s available as part of the form design itself, in Settings:

1 Like