Restrict Guest permissions

Long time premium user.

+1 to locking down Guest permissions / scopes. The data is there (Guests, Hidden Teams) – it’s quite obnoxious for that dropdown to ask if we want to add a Kevin.

It’s also very cumbersome to manage users as a whole. Guests can invite other guests – leading to all sorts of stuff you can’t control what you’re paying for!

If guest accounts could be locked down in a few ways, we’d appreciate it!

1. Guests shouldn’t be able to create projects on a team.
  2. Guests shouldn’t be able to invite others to a team (or delete users from a team)
  3. Guests shouldn’t appear in auto-suggest at all. Specially since auto-suggest adds that person to the task instantly!

Guest permissions

I started evaluating the Premium version today and this issue seems like a deal breaker to me. So I have 1 organization and several teams. Each team represents either a client, or subcontractor. They all have dedicated projects inside respective teams. I obviously don’t want members of one team to be able to assign tasks to members of another team. Right now, if I’m a member of Team A, somebody in Team B can assign a task to me, even if I’m not part of that Team B explicitly.

The second issue is Guest Control. If I’m a guest in Team A, I can then invite other guests to the same team. This sounds like an immediate breach to me. There has to be some level of control for what guests can and cannot do. Right now it’s wide open to anybody within a team.

Any thoughts?

Hi @Kirill3 and @Dan_Moore! I have moved your posts to a new #productfeedback thread to allow other users to vote for the feature requests you have outlined; hope that’s ok! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us!