"Request status update" button for Goals

I would love to see a “Request status update” for Goals the way that there is for Portfolios. How we would use it and why it is relevant:

1. It would ideally give managers/leadership a quick way to request updates from Goal owners in the Asana platform, as needed.
  • Right now, Goal owners are prompted to provide updates on Goals regularly through Asana’s automation, but as far as I can tell we can’t connect deadlines for the updates directly in the platform if the update cycle is less regular. Example: I want Goal status updates / reporting to be done before my Board meetings, internal portfolio meetings, or all-team meetings.
  • This means that we go elsewhere to request this: Slack or Email, since individual nudges on Asana would be more time consuming as there are many Goals/Sub-goals. Sometimes we will request the update in the comments section, but again - less desirable than the ability to message or request updates from all Goal Owners at once.
  1. We will rely less on Portfolio updates now that we are using Goals as an Organization.

2. As far as I can tell, there is no way to specify deadlines for updates apart from updating basic cadence (weekly/monthly/quarterly) unless you are the Goal Owner and adjust the automated reminder.

Really looking forward to something like this - and hopefully the ability to export goals!
Thanks!

Hi @Anggg, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

While this feature isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

This would be extremely helpful for me as well. We used to use Achieve It for our task/project management and that software had a function to request an update from the goal owner. We too are now doing it outside of the system. I also would like to be able to update the update cadence for goals that I assigned to my team. As of now I have to rely on them to do it.

Hi all :wave:

Good news! You can new request Goal updates by clicking the dropdown arrow next to the Update button and choosing Request status update, as seen below.

1 Like