Reminder Alert Before Due Date

Hi @Austin_Schmidt! Thanks for providing so much detail. This helps me cater my recommendations to your needs.

It sounds like youā€™d really benefit from Asanaā€™s reporting tools [<-- see link], specifically a mix of Dashboards and Advanced Search. First, you can view the high level progress of your teamā€™s work and their various projects by creating a unique dashboard for yourself. See how to set up My Dashboard here. If youā€™d like to know what specific people on your team are working on, I recommend you create advanced search views and save them so you can reference them from your sidebar. For example, if youā€™d like to know what tasks the CEO and President have coming up in the next 3 days, you could create an advanced search for tasks assigned to them that are due within the next 3 days:

I recommend that you save the search result by clicking the star at the top left of the search results, which will keep the search in your sidebar. Then, you can rename the saved search so itā€™s easier to access in your sidebar. This search wonā€™t give you special alerts, but youā€™ll certainly be able to keep track of upcoming tasks if you make a habit of visiting the saved search on a regular basis.

Iā€™m just looking for the same function! Some of my tasks take me a few days to finish, so it would be really important for me to set an earlier reminder so as not to rush the deadline.

2 Likes

Honestly,

I donā€™t understand how you can create a task management tool without a reminder feature?! I am not using Asana anymore and Iā€™m shifting to Reminders app on MAC. Which is a dreadful experience too.

This doesnā€™t make sense to me.

11 Likes

Agreed! Please look into this. A reminder tool is SO VERY necessary!

4 Likes

But here - Email notifications from Asana | Product guide ā€¢ Asana Product Guide - I found the information about remonder ā€œone day before taskā€™s due dateā€.
So is it true? And how it works? I would like to get an email the day before task due date.

I completely agree that this is a necessary task for our grant project workflows. For example, I am a project manager on several grants who needs to coordinate the creation, drafts, and final submission of deliverables for grant reporting. This happens at various times during the year for each project, but itā€™s not enough times that it makes sense to add running reports to my weekly or daily workflow. If all members assigned to a task receive an email alert to begin working on a grant deliverable three months before its due, it saves me and them multiple steps as well as helps ensure piece of mind.

2 Likes

I agree 100% that without a simple reminder tool this program is not very helpful for me. Though my company uses it for group projects, I just use Google calendar for my own stuff because I need flexible reminders.

3 Likes

+1 Agreed. We need reminders when something is overdue. This is also for the stakeholder who may not be assigned any tasks but needs to know which items are late and why.

2 Likes

Do you integrate Asana with a Calendar app like Google Calendar or Outlook? If so, you can simply create reminders to your flexibility within the calendar app. Although still would be nice to have this direct within Asana.

Would also be great to be able to have a trigger for apps like Zapier so you could configure a Due Date reminder to slack or other Apps.

2 Likes

I also vote for more reminders! having a visual cue in the product is good, but I need to be pestered in order to get things done.

1 Like

Really need this feature!! Any progress?

3 Likes

Also super critical for us. I need to be able to follow up if I see something isnā€™t moving forward and this would help with that. I see thereā€™s been interest in this feature for over 3 years. Any update here?

1 Like

Iā€™d also like to see this done. Every task should have the option to set a specific reminder date/time separate to due date.

1 Like

Hi all! Iā€™m Nicole, a Product Manager at Asana. Weā€™d like to invite you to participate in some research around how our customers get time-sensitive work done.

Weā€™re curious to learn what you need so we can build features to help you get your work done on time! If youā€™re interested, please fill out this form and weā€™ll reach out to schedule a chat if youā€™re a match for the study.

Weā€™re looking for users to speak with us for 30 minutes, and weā€™re able to send $50 for your time. All interviews will be conducted remotely.

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts with our team and helping us make Asana better for you!

Nicole

FYI, using the new date rules feature of my Flowsana integration, itā€™s now possible to have email reminders sent, or custom fields, tags, etc. set on tasks, based on a due date - for example, when the task is due in 3 months, when itā€™s 5 days past due, etc.

Hey everyone! Iā€™ve been experiencing a lack of ā€œdue dateā€ push-notifications functionality as well for a long time, so I decided to solve that problem and finally developed a Chrome extension for that! Please, try it out, and if you have some questions or suggestions, feel free to reach me out by my facebook

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly what I am doing. Asana has solved a lot of problems but couldnā€™t cover this tiny gap.

2 Likes

We DEFINITELY need a reminders feature! Some tasks take weeks to months to finish and we need reminders to constantly remember to do bit by bit

3 Likes

WHAT IS THE LOGIC? I AM NOW CONSIDERING ASANA FOR AN ORGANIZATION AND THIS IS JUST MINDBLOWING

WHY NOT ADD THIS FEATURE???

2 Likes

Hi all and thank you so much for all the feedback you shared on this thread. Iā€™m delighted to announce that weā€™re launching two new rule triggers allowing you to automatically add a comment to your upcoming tasks so you get notified of them via your Inbox and/or with email notifications. More info in the following announcement: New triggers for Rules: ā€œDue date is approachingā€ and ā€œTask is Overdueā€

1 Like