Recurring tasks are not automatically going to the "Later" Section

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Recurring Tasks in Later Hack does not appear to be working. Recurring tasks will default to Later with this hack turned off.

It’s my understanding that with this hack turned off, recurring tasks will ALWAYS reappear in the upcoming section (regardless of due date). Reference link for additional information.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Ensure hack is turned off.
  2. Complete a recurring task.
  3. Review to determine where the recurring task landed. Most likely will be in the later section.

Browser version:
Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:
n/a

1 Like

Thank you so much for the comprehensive report @Pachia_Moua, really appreciate it!

Just had a chat with our Engineers, and here is how you should be able to fix the issue:

• Access your task (currently located in the Later section
  • Stop the repetition (open the due date and set it to “Never” repeat
  • Move your task to the Upcoming section
  • Set your repetition again.

Once you complete this task, the following task should automatically land into the Upcoming Section.

This isn’t a bug but has to do with the way recurring tasks were built. Essentially if the tasks was in the Later section when you set the repetition, it will remember it and nest all newly created tasks in the Later Section.

Hope this helps @Pachia_Moua; let me know if this solution works on your end! :slight_smile:

Marie,
I’m finally circling back to this item. It seems I’m still having this issue. I just generated a new task, sent it to the today section. Checked it complete. The task still appears to recur in the later section in lieu of upcoming.

I also followed the steps you mentioned above with an existing recurring task in the later section and I’m still getting the same results. Recurring task will go to the later section.

1 Like

Hi @Pachia_Moua and again so sorry for the trouble.

Unfortunately, I’m not able to troubleshoot this further via the Forum, but our support team will be able to perform deeper investigations; could you please reach out to them following these steps and provide them with the following information?

• The URL of this thread so you don’t have to re-explain everything
  • The URL of the test task you are referring to in your last message
  • A screenshot of the recurring task in your Later Section

Again, so sorry for not being able to help you further via the Forum; thank you so much for your patience and cooperation, I really appreciate it!

Marie,
Thank you for your assistance. I have reached out to the support team.

1 Like

Hi, I have exactly the same problem, and it’s new (a few days), previously my recurring completed tasks went into the “Unassigned” section, now they go to the “Later” section.

Patrick, I have not had this issue since the rollout of customized rules for “My Tasks”. My recurring tasks will always default to the “Recently Assigned” section and I’ll move it to a specific section. Maybe you have a rule created that’s moving the recurring task to the “Later” section? Sorry, I cannot be of better help to you.

1 Like

Thanks. I checked my rules, none of them is moving tasks to “Later”. Weird.

And I have that, so tasks shouldn’t go to the last section:

I seem to have a similar bug still. I’ve got the recurring tasks in last section setting turned on and it seems once reloaded, only the first reoccurring task gets recreated in last section and then all other reoccurring tasks end up back in the default section.