Keep new instances of recurring tasks in the section they were originally assigned to

in the “my tasks” list, I have a section for recurring task. However, whenever I mark one of those tasks as done, the next auto-generated instance of said task re-appears in the “last assigned” section instead of the “recurring tasks” one. How do I fix that?

There’s no obvious way to use a rule, because rules don’t understand the “due date is recurring” type of trigger.

1 Like

Hi @Lutz_Lehmann :raised_hand:

Were you aware that in your profile settings > Hack, there is a toggle that says “Recurring tasks in last section of My Tasks”?

If you feel like that’s not enough, I found another topic that looks similar to yours [My Tasks] Add new recurring tasks to the same section in which the previous task was completed. Please let me know if that’s the case, I will merge the two topics to increase the chance of the product team to pick it up.

Cheers

Hi Arthur,

the hack is not what I’m looking for (as I have a dedicated section for recurring tasks). The other bug/suggestion thread you mentioned is exactly what I’m looking for, especially since I might eventually have more than one section of recurring tasks. Have voted for the topic, feel free to merge.

Cheers

when I complete a recurring task is re-populates at the top of the to-do list, can asana make it so the monthly or periodic task re-loads under the section header it’s already living under?

first time poster, hope I followed the community rules properly

Welcome, @Maxwell2,

I’ve merged your post into an existing thread where you can click the title to scroll to the top and vote by clicking the purple Vote button.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like