Recover tasks assigned to deleted account

Hi there,

We recently had an employee leave the company, so we deactivated their account in Asana.

However, we had no clue this would remove them from the “Assignee” field for previously completed tasks (we thought it would just become unclickable). This has totally thrown off our productivity metrics because our productivity metrics only “count” if assigned to certain team members. Since no longer assigned, those “counts” don’t exist.

I thought, perhaps, I could search for “Completed tasks” with “no assignee” where this person was a “collaborator”. But that doesn’t work since they’ve ALSO been removed as a collaborator. // I also doubt whether we could reactivate that user >> if it will reassign the tasks they worked on.

How can I recover all completed tasks that were ‘assigned’ to this person? If we can get this list, we can assign to an active member to recover their ticket counts.

(NOTE: I understand that OPEN tasks can be copied over to a new Project Board when deleting that member. But that’s not what we’re looking for since all this person’s tasks were COMPLETED >> and thus that Project Board is empty.)

Please advise. Thanks!

Hi @Liz_Ziser, thanks for reaching out! Our support team can help you recover the user previous instance, you can contact them following the steps in this thread: How to contact our Support Team ✉.

Once the user is a member again, your Admin can remove them from the Admin Console and a Private Project will be created for the Admin containing both complete and incomplete tasks previously assigned to the former employee. Then you can reassign these incomplete tasks to another user or organizing them better so it doesn’t affect your metrics.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks Emily! I have reached out to support to restore his instance. I will be in touch if anything else is needed after that. Thanks!

@Emily_Roman Is there a way to see if that checkbox was selected when creating this Project Board of the deleted user? There are no tasks here, so I assume not: Log in - Asana

The case # to recover the previous instance of this user is #456027.

Hi @Liz_Ziser, I’m afraid it’s currently not possible to see if the checkbox to include complete tasks was selected. However, if you don’t see complete tasks in the project, it means the request was only to keep incomplete tasks. Our support team will reach out to you shortly.

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.