Real-time update for customers/automated process to deliver weekly status reports.

Hello! I work with a company that provides implementation services that are setup as projects in Asana. We are trying to give our clients more visibility to project updates/status. Does anyone have any suggestions about how my company’s customers can see project status?

My second question (if the first is not possible) - Is anyone delivering weekly status reports to customers today? We currently use the project status updates in Asana but it is a very manual process to print those out and deliver to clients when we could have 40-60 projects going on at one time.

I appreciate any insight to these questions! Thank you!

1 Like

@Mark_McClung1,

They could join your Asana as Guests and receive project status by email automatically upon your posting status updates.

Or you could consider feature of portfolios to avoid Asana for them:

Portfolio live spreadsheet update:

Post showing how to use the GSheets live feed URL in Excel:

Here’s a general post regarding working with external clients that may offer something of value:

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

Hi @Mark_McClung1

In addition to the great tips Larry provided, you can also utilise the public project link feature.

You can read more about it here:

https://help.asana.com/hc/en-us/articles/14217596893595-Read-only-links#:~:text=Creating%20a%20shareable%20link&text=To%20access%20the%20shareable%20link,automatically%20default%20to%20Link%20active.

@Mark_McClung1 if an add-on is an option, I suggest taking a look at the Analytics & Reports by Screenful . You can use it to create custom charts with your Asana data and compile them into reports . The reports can then be shared via email or Slack as a PDF on a custom schedule. Here’s what it looks like:

teamstatus

You can configure everything once, and the selected recipients will start receiving daily/weekly project status reports automatically generated with the most up-to-date data.

You can learn more about this add-on, or start a free trial to give it a try with your own data.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.