Problem with multi select and text custom fields on desktop app for Windows

Hello,

We have noticed the following issue while using Asana desktop app for Windows:

1. when multiple tasks are selected and a user want to complete them instead of doing so she/he changes value in the text custom filed (right next to the task name in list view) in the way that fields of all selected tasks have the same value as the first task from selection

2. I know that the following can be done by pressing enter on keyboard - it is not the case however, because this happens while a user is using mouse only.

Do you have any idea why that is happening? Is this a problem caused by a user or from the desktop app for Windows itself? Personally, I do not have this problem while using desktop app for Mac.

Thanks in advance for your help :grinning:

AA

Hi @Aleksandra_Albera, thanks for reaching out and reporting this! Just to make sure I understand, in the desktop app for Windows, when users select multiple tasks and try to mark them complete, the custom fields are updated instead. Could you confirm this is the issue, so I can investigate further? Thanks!

Hi @Emily_Roman Yes exactly!

Hi @Aleksandra_Albera, thanks for getting back to me! I had a look, but I’m afraid I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue. It could be a glitch or an issue specific to this user. I recommend you to follow some troubleshooting steps such as:

• Clear the desktop app cookies
  • Quit and reopen the app
  • Make sure the user is using the latest app version
  • Uninstall and reinstall the app (asana.com/download)

If the issue persists, please advise them to contact our support team and share a screenshare showing the issue: How to contact our Support Team ✉

I hope this helps! Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

If you are able to share a screen recording, we could quickly see if there’s a recognizable problem.

If you don’t have a screen recording app, you can…

• Use the record button right inside Asana (the :record_button: button below the comment area of any task), or…
  • Download Loom and use for free for vids up to 5 mins, or…
  • Use https://www.screencapture.com/ for free