Pasting values into custom text field for multiple tasks (vertically)

Hello,

Is there a way to paste values into a custom text field for multiple different tasks at one time? For one of our projects, we have a custom text field where we record the number of impressions that an ad (each ad is its own task) created.

So for example, we generally have 20-30 tasks in a project. We get the the impression numbers sent to us in an excel spreadsheet. Each task is listed out on the spreadsheet as well. Is there a way to select all of the impression numbers from the column on the spreadsheet and then paste them in to corresponding field in Asana in bulk without having to copy and paste each individual number into each individual task?

Hi @MikeG and welcome to the Forum! :wave:

This could be possible only if the value you want to update is the same for every task. You just need to multi-select all the tasks and update the numeric custom at once.

There is an existing thread in the #productfeedback category requesting this functionality. I would recommend you to upvote it!

Sorry I can’t be of a greater help Mike! Please let me know if you have any follow-up question!

Copy pasting multiple cells is A MUST! Please implement this ASAP

4 Likes

Still nothing? I use both asana (with contractors) and clickup (for myself). Clickup kicks ass for this. Please implement it.