Print PDF expose other project and team names

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: When printing a task to PDF, the PDF will render with a white background and the task details, but the PDF document still includes other text and data from the rest of the Asana interface. This can include other project names, team names etc which may be inappropriate to share with other team members / clients / etc.

Steps to reproduce: Open a task. Choose Print. Make the format a PDF. Open the PDF in Acrobat and review the document structure. You’ll see there are text and image elements from the rest of the browser page - not just the task.

Browser version: Chrome 83.0.4103.106

Upload screenshots below: Screenshot highlights background PDF content that isn’t sensitive, but other elements of the document include WAY more information than should be included with the print of a single task.

1 Like

Hi @Scott_Snowden and thanks for the report!

I can’t seem to be able to reproduce this issue, unfortunately (see the screenshot below of what I see when reviewing the document structure for a test task I converted to PDF).

image (3)

To investigate this issue further we would need information that can’t be shared publicly in this forum, so our support team will be better suited to help here. Could you please reach out to them following these steps and provide them with the following information?

1. URL of this thread so you don’t have to re-explain everything
  2. URL of the task you have exported to PDF
  3. Full screenshot of what you’re seeing when inspecting the structure in Acrobat Reader?

I’m marking this post resolved in the forum as we’re not equipped to help further with this specific issue, but rest ensured that our support team will take a closer look into this once they receive your information, and will escalate it to the relevant team if necessary.

Thank you so much for taking the time to report this, we really appreciate it!

You are only using Acrobat Reader in this case.
You need to use a full version of Acrobat or another program that allows PDF editing.
Then you need to look at the document structure (tags), not the page thumbnails.

I’ll follow-up with support directly also.

1 Like

Sorry - don’t look at the document tags, look at the document “content” in Acrobat.
Ticket has been sent to support.
Thanks!

Until/if this is fixed, you could consider this as a workaround which doesn’t have this issue (disclaimer: I’m the creator):

Larry

That is a scary security bug. Thanks so much for warning the user community.

1 Like

Very cool. Thanks for sharing! This helps a lot!

Thank you, @Scott_Snowden, for your generous donation towards the free Asana2Go at Larry Berger is creator of the Asana2Go app and an Asana Certified Pro consultant – I really appreciate that and your logging this important issue here.

Thanks again,

Larry

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.