Pressing enter in task description keeps toggling task complete and incomplete

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: I have a task that has a good size of text in the description, enough where I have to scroll to the bottom. When I put my cursor at the end of the description and press enter expecting a new line break, Asana keeps toggling the task status to complete and then incomplete. I could only get enter to work after I used the plus button to manually insert a new paragraph.

Steps to reproduce: At the end of the description, I had referenced another task using the @ syntax and Asana puts in the full task name. I put my cursor at the end of the description (which happened to be right after the @ task name) and then pressed enter. Asana marked the task complete instead of inserting a newline. Repeatedly pressing enter kept toggling the task complete and incomplete.

Browser version: Edge Version 114.0.1823.58 (Official build) (64-bit)

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)? Business

Upload screenshots below: I can’t include the screenshot of the description as the information can’t be shared.

Hey Connor - while waiting for someone to come back to you with more info (i’m not a bug resolver) I have tested this on chrome and I am not getting this bug my side.

Hi @Connor_O_Shea :wave:, thanks for flagging this, and sorry for the trouble. I’ve haven’t been able to replicate it on my end so this might not be expected behaviour.

I’ve escalated the bug to our Developers for investigation and will circle back once they provide an update from their end. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi there @Connor_O_Shea, after escalating your case to our Development team, they would like to know if by any chance you might have had ‘command’ pressed? ‘command’+‘enter’ is the Asana shortcut for completing a task and we suspect that the keyboard shortcut is being activated when you press enter from within the task pane:

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t recall having the Control key pressed on my keyboard but perhaps it got stuck and I didn’t realize it. I tried again today and I haven’t seen this issue since. Thanks!

1 Like

I’m delighted to hear that your issue is now solved @Connor_O_Shea, please don’t hesitate to let us know if you encounter any other problem and we’ll be more than happy to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.