Support Shift+Enter for Line Breaks

It’d be a nice formatting addition to allow line breaks to be added with the keyboard shortcut, Shift + Enter.

This is particularly useful for multiple lines within a single bullet:

This was mentioned here, too:

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us @Adam-Involute, i’ve gone ahead and merged the existing feedback thread with this one to gather all votes and feedback on one single thread and maximise our chances to see this feature implemented. I can’t promise when this will be prioritised, but I’ll be sure to keep you posted as soon as I have an update!

Hi,

Is there a way (or workaround) to turn OFF the shortcut CTRL-ENTER for setting a task to “complete”.

Many mistakes are made within our organisation because of this, In a lot of other programs this is the standard shortcut for LINE BREAK ( or Page break)…))

When typing in COMMENTS it works “correct” ( line break) but when typing in "description"it sets the task to “complete”

please advise

Edwin

Hello, are we The Only ones having this problem , maybe it is a Dutch thing?!:joy::rofl:

I’m with you guys, honestly, it is so awful without line-breaker - both ctrl+enter and shift+enter are useless.

Hi,

I just wanted to add that I was also looking for this and I would really appreciate if you could add this to Asana.

Also I have found out that it is possible to have this formatting by copying “the line break” from another editor to Asana.

For example (using any text-edit program or even in the browser):
Write some text, Shift+Enter, write more text - then copy to Asana and change the text.
I hope I managed to explain…