Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
For non-premium workspaces without access to task dependencies, it is possible to get into a bad state by adding a task dependency in one place and not being able to remove it (even from the API). The loophole to add task dependencies exists in the bottom actions menu which appears when selecting multiple tasks.
Steps to reproduce:
- Start with an Asana workspace where task dependencies are inaccessible as a premium feature.
- Create a project.
- Create multiple tasks within that project.
- Select multiple tasks.
- In the bottom actions menu which appears, go to “⋯” and “Make dependent” (see screenshot 1).
- Choose a task to mark as a dependent (see screenshot 2).
- Open any one of the previously selected tasks.
- Observe that the task dependency is hidden and cannot be removed (see screenshot 3).
Firefox 79.0, although this bug seems to be browser-independent.
Upload screenshots below: