Cannot add dependencies

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When trying to add dependencies, only a very small list of tasks are available to choose, all of which aren’t even tasks in the project I’m working in.

Steps to reproduce:

Click into details pane of a task, click on add dependencies, type in the name of the task I want to select. The list doesn’t result in the task I need to select.

Browser version:

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)? Business

Upload screenshots below:

I am in a project called “Remarkable” - none of the options below are even from the same project.

Hi @Chantelle_Drury,

This isn’t a bug per se (as it’s working as Asana designed it) but is what many of us consider an unfortunate design for adding dependencies.

If you keep typing characters, in many cases you should be able to narrow down the displayed choices enough to select the appropriate task.

If that doesn’t work, there is a standard workaround:

You can also add your vote for changing this UI - there are actually two similar threads for that:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.