Portfolio milestone indicator wrong order

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When I add a project using a template, it switches the milestone order (if I have 4 milestones and I check off the first, the second of the 4 indicators shows checked). This only happens on projects added via template. Note: adding the template itself to the portfolio results in correct order, this only happens with projects created from the template.

Steps to reproduce:
Add a project using template with milestones. add project to portfolio set to progress type:milestone.
Browser version:
Chrome Version 80.0.3987.132
Upload screenshots below:

Thank you for reaching out @Joseph_Reynolds and I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue!

In order to investigate this issue would you mind sending me by DM a full screenshot of the project (including URL), the URL of the Portfolio and the URL of the Template used to create this new project?

To DM me you just need to click on my name above and select “Message”. Thank you Joseph! Looking forward to your reply!

Sent! Thank you!

@Natalia Was wondering if you were ever able to look into this. It is still an issue. Thank you!

Hi @Joseph_Reynolds, we sent your report internally but it hasn’t been prioritized. We currently don’t have immediate plans but I’ll make sure to update this task as soon as we have more information. Apologies in advance for any inconvenience!

Hi @Joseph_Reynolds and my apologies for the delay in getting back to you! Our team reviewed this bug report and it appears to be an expected behaviour. Let me explain why this is happening:

The Milestone progress column in Portfolios shows Milestones sorted by Due Date. In the case where some or all Milestones don’t have a Due Date (which is your case in the exemple you shared), Milestones without a Due Date are added first and are sorted by Creation Date. This explains why the order of Milestone is different in your project and Portfolio.

Why are we automatically showing Milestones sorted by due date in the Portfolio’s Milestone progress? This is to offer a unified view to all users in Portfolio. While a project can be sorted or filtered and display the same information differently for two users, Portfolio always display information the same way for all users.

Hope this makes sense, but please let me know if you have any follow-up questions! And sorry again for the delay in responding!

1 Like

@Marie Ok, that makes sense. When I create a project from a template - what order does it go in creating the milestones? I assumed it just went down the list in order. Like I said, when I add the template to the portfolio, it shows the milestones in the “correct” order. Adding due dates to my milestones to order them correctly is not an option.