Portfolio: Ability to build a portfolio based on Cards on a Board

Setup: We are a Marketing Agency and have a Board with Columns for each phase all our work typically goes through. In Creative, With Client For Review, In QA, Etc. We then have one Card per project with sub-tasks for all the steps of the projects, with due dates, comments, and assignments happening there.

Feature Request: Given our setup it would be nice to build a Portfolio for a specific client who may have 3-5 Cards on our overall board because those cards represent the 3-5 projects we have for them at the time. Right now I can just bring the whole board in as a portfolio, which is useful to gauge overall workload overall projects of the company. But it doesn’t give me the tools needed to have a client-specific portfolio. It would also probably be good to pick cards for multiple boards as we do have a separate board that just tracks new business and that same client may have a few cards/opportunities that could be pulled into the overall portfolio.

It is an interesting request! Having a task to represent a project is a “hack” so I don’t imagine Asana building anything around it. Don’t get me wrong, I use this hack all the time and you are definitely correct to do it :man_shrugging::slight_smile: Would like to have Asana viewpoint on this though!

Hi @Jason_Burks and thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us! I don’t believe this is in our near term plans unfortunately! @lpb, is this something Asana2go could help with?

Hi @Jason_Burks and thanks @Marie,

You could multi-home (“Add to Project”) each task you want to add to a Portfolio and then create the Portfolio/s you need for your clients.

I offer another solution (not requiring Asana2Go) described here:

Finally, with Asana2Go Adds New Projects Dashboard/Roll-Up Feature (and partial relief for Asana Dashboards removal) you can generate:

Perhaps one of those approaches helps,

Larry