Point sum does not happen unless at least 3 tasks are entered

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
We use a point system to describe how many hours a task or project takes. After creating a new task if there are not at least 3 tasks, the points are not automatically summed.

Steps to reproduce:
Create a new project. Add a point field to it. Create 2 tasks. Add points to the tasks. Observe no sum is generated. Create a 3rd task, point sum will now show up.

Browser version: Chrome, Version 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @anon66297717 and thanks for the report!

I’m able to reproduce, so i’ve just made a task for our team to find out whether or not this is a bug, and if so what is the reasoning behind. I’ll keep you posted here as soon as I have an update!

HI @anon66297717 and so sorry for the delay in getting back to you here. I’ve checked with our Product Team and have confirmed this isn’t a bug but rather an edge case that we haven’t had a chance to prioritise yet. Hopefully this is something we can fix in a future update; I’m closely following on this task and will make sure to keep you posted in the Forum as soon as I have an update; until then, I’m moving this thread to #productfeedback so other users can start advocating for summation to be compatible with projects comprising less than 3 tasks!

Wow Marie, thank you for keeping track of this!

1 Like