Pin custom filters

I find the filters to be frustrating and slow to interact with. As a user I’d like to choose and pin my own custom drop down filters so I can switch/filter visible tasks quicker.

For example, I have a custom “product line” field that is frequently used as a filter. I’d like to designate that custom field as a pinned drop down at the top so that I can simplify the process of switching/filtering between product lines.

(This could also be a custom field for “client” or “Epic” or “Release” etc)

This is a feature Jira has in the backlog view, so it is a key productivity pain point for users switching to Asana.

1 Like

Hey @anon89508656, welcome to the Asana community forum :wave:

In projects that various people have edit access to anybody can basically save their preferred default view.

One thing you could do would be multi-homing either all tasks or some tasks of the team project in a project that only you have access to then you can save your preferred view.

Another option would be using the advanced search and save the search report.

Or set up a chart that filters exactly the tasks you want to see and then you can click through the chart to only see the tasks with the relevant filter

1 Like

Hi @anon89508656 and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

@Andrea_Mayer just shared some really good tips that can hopefully help for the time being. On my end, I’ll make sure to share your feedback with our team so they can consider it for a future update.

Thank you @Andrea_Mayer and @marie.gaillard

The key here is usability/productivity. As a PM, I’m overseeing varied aspects of the team work. I want to quickly switch between the varied filtered views instantly without extra repeated steps or page reloads.

This is almost my most frequent interaction with the product as I review progress across multiple teams and product lines within a single all-encompassing project. Just the fact that I have to choose which field I want to filter by every time is an extra step causing unnecessary friction. Thanks!

4 Likes

As a product owner, I need quick filters that let me quickly view by Assignee, by Due Date, by Priority, so I can actually accomplish a standup in 15 minutes!

@Andrea_Mayer , could you show some examples:

• Using the advanced search saved reports
  • Chart filters

I can just +1 this feature. We’re trying to use Asana now for product development since the whole company is using it, and this is probably the most limiting feature. Any news?

Hi @anon15620702, welcome to the Community Forum! :handshake: Thanks for weighing in on this. Don’t forget to upvote this feature request at the top of this thread. :arrow_up::+1:

1 Like

Hi all,

We recently launched a new saved views feature which should solve for most of the use cases described on this topic. You can learn more in this announcement → Surface the most relevant information by saving views for you and your team