Ability to save different filtered views

I often use the filter function as I love to be able to shift between the big picture and the details but I find it cumbersome to apply a filter as it takes me 6 clicks to apply a filter tag. Could you find a way of making it easier to choose different filtered views so that it is easier to switch between micro and macro view of a Board view? Either make it easier in how it is presented or help making some shortcurts of favorite custom filters? Love your products but for me this is a major obstacle and annoyance.

4 Likes

Hi @Morten_Munchow, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates on project filtering coming :slight_smile:

Hi,

I have a similar question. Is it possible to save your custom filters, instead of having to create them each time you need to use them?

1 Like

I’m surprised there is not already a topic for that I was pretty sure I voted already somewhere else. I hope it would slow down the decision making of this option as I’ve seen a lot of people asking for it, me included . We are around 50 employees and 7 teams using same projects in very different way, the fact we have to use the same unique filter saved is really slowing us down when reviewing tasks/data

1 Like

+1 , we are 40+ people collaborating, and being able to filter in and out fast is the only reason we are considering “scaling up” to another tool and going through the pain of learning a new tool.

2 Likes

+1. Odd this isn’t included.
I use monday.com extensively for another client and use their saved filter/view feature extensively.

Note that this did come up in another thread ( Filter projects by multiple fields (including custom) and save different filter views. - Community Forum English / Product Feedback - Asana Community Forum) but thread was closed once new filter and sort functionality was rolled out. In my opinion, the update did not deal with the original request.

We have a process, where we have one board for a lot of teams and it is very painful to set filters not only before each SCRUM meeting, but every time when you want to see the board for your team. It would be great if there will be a solution to save filters on the board views, like it is done in the Advanced Search section, where you can save the search.

Yes, I totally expected this to be a thing, but apparently it’s not (yet).

An update that should be coming out sometime soon might cover this. Basically, it allows the user to control their own view of the project. You might have it in the Ambassador emails. Stand by, it should be out soon.

2 Likes

Any updates on this?

We are thrilled to announce the launch of our latest feature, “view-level saving,” in projects! With this update, you will be able to save different filters and sorts per view, and one view as the default for everyone that access the project. For example, you can now have List view sorted by Completed tasks and Board view sorted by Incomplete tasks.

To save changes within a view, select the :floppy_disk: icon in the project header:

We are also rolling out more customization options for tabs in your project, see our announcement here → Surface the most relevant information by saving views for you and your team

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.