Paste image from clipboard doesn't work

When you Ctrl-V to paste an image from the clipboard into a comment or the Description box,

In Chrome, a popup appears telling me to reload Asana.
In Edge, nothing happens.

Browser version:
Google Chrome is up to date: Version 80.0.3987.163 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Edge: Unknown…not sure where to find the browser version.

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Neville_Bonwit and thank you for taking time to report this issue!

I can confirm that copying and pasting files from clipboard is not supported by Edge. (you can read more about it here: Microsoft Edge Developer website - Microsoft Edge Developer

I tried to reproduce this on my end using Chrome and I was able to paste an image from clipboard. In order to better understand what might be the issue here would you mind trying the following steps and let me know the results?

• Are you able to reproduce it while using an incognito windows?
  • Can you please clear your cache and cookies and test it again?

Thank you Neville! Looking forward to your reply!

Hi Natalia,

Pasting an image from the clipboard works fine in Chrome when using an incognito window.

How do I clear just asana from the cache and cookies? I don’t want to clear my whole cache and cookies.

Thanks,

Neville

Hi Natalia,

I looked up how to clear the cache for just one website (below). It didn’t work; the problem in regular (non-incognito) windows still persists.

Thanks,

Neville

image001.png

Hi Natalia,

I then cleared just the asana cookies (asana.com and app.asana.com) (see screenshot below) and then again cleared the cache and did a hard reload. That didn’t work either. The problem still persists.

Thanks,

Neville

image002.png

Hi @Neville_Bonwit :wave:t5:

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you! Can you please confirm if you are still experiencing this issue? If yes, would you mind recording a screencast with the behaviour you are getting and send it to our Support Team? They will be in a better position to assist you further!

Loom is a great app for video screencasts: https://www.useloom.com/

In your video screencast, we recommend that you use a Chrome Incognito window and have your Javascript console open:

Try to include the entire browser window, including URL bar, in the video screencast.

Thank you Neville! Closing this thread now but please let me know if you need further assistance!

Hi Natalia,

Yes, I’m still experiencing the issue. Should it be fixed? Have they been able to reproduce it?

Here’s the video you requested showing pasting of an image of an o-ring. Reminder that everything works fine in Incognito mode.

Thanks,
Neville

(Attachment Paste Working Fine.mp4 is missing)

1 Like

Not sure why the video was rejected. Here’s a screenshot of it breaking in a regular chrome window.

Hi @Neville_Bonwit :wave:t5:

Thank you so much for the follow-up. The fact that is working in an incognito windows indicates that you might have an extension installed in Chrome that is triggering this issue!

Please, take a moment and try to disable all the extensions you have following this steps. You can disable one by one until you can isolate which one is causing the issue.

If that doesn’t help I would recommend you to record the screencast following the steps previously outlined and send it to our Support Team, who should be able to take a closer look into this and assist you further!

Apologies for all the inconvenience Neville and thank you so much for your patience!
Please let me know if this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.