I am trying to create an efficient editorial calendar workflow for my team. But I am getting confused about parents, subtasks, and tasks.
Here’s what I’d like to accomplish:
- Create BIG PROJECT 1 to serve as the parent.
- Create SUBTASKS to BIG PROJECT
- Be able to see at a glance which SUBTASKS belong to BIG PROJECT?
- Be able to move those SUBTASKS along to different sections (that’s my workflow).
Here’s what I’ve done:
- Went to list view
- Created sections (see screenshot 1)
- Created parent and subtasks (see screenshot 2)
- The subtasks show up in both the List View (left side) and Details Vew (right side (see screenshot 2 again)
- I want to see both the parent and the subtask in the Board view. So I moved the subtasks into the List Vew as standalone tasks using this method
- The problem is now I seem to have two copies of the subtasks. (see screenshot 3)
I also noticed that if I delete the standalone subtask, it deletes it from the parent, too.
Remember, my objective is to see this in Board View in two ways: parent/subtasks and the individual tasks. This is because I am looking for two things:
- The ability to see at a glance what subtasks are associated with a parent.
- The ability to move the subtasks along in the workflow.
Here are my questions:
- Is there an easier way to do this?
- Is this impossible?