Outlook & Asana - Using Task Codes to Capture Emails in Asana

Hi All

Maybe I’m completely out of left field here but I’m trying to design a workflow that captures task email correspondence directly in Asana for all staff to see.

I’ve been searching for an add-on that provides unique task numbers and ideally what I’d like to do is:

• Task in Asana is assigned a unique number eg. ABC001
  • Unique task number is present in the subject line for external email correspondence from Outlook regarding the task eg. emailing a client for further information needed, subject line is ‘Additional Information Needed (ABC001)’
  • The outbound email is synced with Asana so that the correspondence is automatically captured with the task as a comment
  • Likewise for when the client responds the email and any attachments are saved directly in Asana with the task

I hope this makes sense to everyone. Has anyone deployed a similar process? If yes, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Kind regards

Tom

Hi @Tom_Palmieri, welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

A similar question was asked in this thread Ticket System Integrations? - #3 by Danielle2. I also suggest you to find more tips here: Tickets for Client Communication - Reducing Email? - #6 by lpb

I hope this helps!