Options for placing project in different teams when converting a task to project while using rules.

I found this fantastic way to convert a task to a project and use a template. This is extremely helpful. When using this featureI get asked to specify the team for the new project:

I can also set up a rule for this, automatically. But when using the rule, the new project is NOT created in the same team as the template and, I cannot specify the team.
First prize would be to be able to specify the team for the new project, but second prize would be to create the project in the same team as the template.

3 Likes

Hey @Paul_Grobler,

This may only warrant an Honorable Mention, but if you can find an appropriate rule trigger, maybe you can use this Flowsana rule action?

1 Like

Thanks @Phil_Seeman This would be extremely helpful. I Just wished I could get the client’s Security team to approve Flowsana. It will solve MANY problems

For context:

Currently we have a form attached to a project that’s under s specific team ( I’ll call this team A). The form in Asana runs so that we have the form generated projects automatically added to portfolios based on the answer to a single select question, we did this by creating custom fields and using rules. Ideally I would to do something similar in order to assign the projects to the correct team.

Our form is within Asana and is connected to a project that’s under team A. Every single submission to the form comes in as a task and then automatically converted to a project and added to team A as a default. I would rather have an option on the form that can determine which team the project is for.

Is it possible to add the ability to set the team as part of the Convert task to project rule?

Hi @Gabby_Pearce , I’ve merged your post into this thread which is similar to what you are asking, so votes can be consolidated. Don’t forget to vote using the purple button at the top left corner of this thread!

1 Like